I don’t know about you but I’ve never enjoyed beans very much…doesn’t matter which ones …..chili beans, black beans, navy beans. So when ever I would eat chili it was never enjoyable. I spent half my meal just picking out the beans and by the time I got done half my soup was gone. Not to mention the toll it took on my digestive system.
Paleo chili on the other hand is delicious….NO BEANS! I’m sure you will find this chili just as filling and satisfying.
Spicy Bison Chili
1 lb. grass fed ground Bison (90/10)
1 large sweet potato (cut into chunks)
1 large sweet onion (sliced)
4 garlic cloves (grated)
6 mini bell peppers or 2 large bell peppers (sliced into small squares)
1 – 14 oz.can Fire roasted tomatoes
2 – 12oz cans tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 t. Tallo or coconut oil
1/2 t. cumin
1/4 t. chili powder
1/4 t. paprika
1/4 t. salt
1. Chop all vegetables as described above and place in large soup pot.
2. Pour in tomato sauce and fire roasted tomatoes.
3. Begin to cook over medium heat.
4. In separate sauce pan over medium heat melt Tallo and add ground Bison. Chunk to small pieces as it cooks.
5. Once cooked though add to soup pot with rest of ingredients, mix well.
6. Add all spices above. Add more or less depending on how spicy you want it.
7. Continue to cook over medium heat for another 30min. or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
8. Enjoy by it’s self or topped with tomatoes or avocado either way it is delicious!