I don’t know about you but the holidays stress me out…A LOT! It never used to be that way until I got married. More family to see in the same amount of time. You get pulled in every which direction and just all doesn’t seem possible. But at the end it all gets done and you just get to relax. So now that I’ve had some time to get back to normal day to day stuff I have a chance to experiment in the kitchen. I’ve been on a real munchie snack craze lately…mainly because of the holidays I think. Everywhere I turn there is something to snack on. So I tried a new take on a granola recipe I came up with a while ago and I love it. There are lots of nut options and you don’t even miss the oats!
SWEET CINNAMON GRANOLA
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup 60% coco chocolate (small chunks)
6 large unsweetened dates
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. On a lined baking sheet place all nuts and sunflower seeds in a thin layer and bake for 5min.
3. Chop dates into small chunks
4. Once nuts and sunflower seeds have cooled place in a medium bowl with chocolate chunks, coconut flakes and spices, mix well.
5. Add dates and mix.
6. Pour in melted oil and mix well.
7. Pour in honey and mix well.
8. Press into thin layer on lined baking sheet.
9. Bake for 10 min.
10. Let cool then chunk into granola pieces.