Chia seeds….A.K.A. SUPER SEEDS! These little seeds are packed with fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and minerals. They can be added to lots of different food for an added boost of nutrients.
Not only do I love their nutritional value but also their “jelling” qualities. I’ve read that they absorb 12 times their weight! You literally add water to them and they turn into a jell. In this case I added almond milk and voila’… Pudding! I felt like a chemist that day…mixing all kinds of ingredients into these Chia seeds….just to get the right flavor. I ended up going with more of a vanilla almond flavor for mine. I thought that blending the berries into the Chia seed mixture would be good but they ended up tasting better on the top with some of my sweet cinnamon granola. I added a lot more pudding in mine and less of the toppings. I really like the crunch aspect of the granola so I think next time I will add more granola and less pudding. This recipe is very versatile so experiment with the toppings and make it exactly how you like.
Triple Berry Chia Seed Parfait
- 2 tbsp. Chia Seed
- 3/4 cup almond milk (unsweetned)
- 1tbsp. almond butter (all natural)
- 1 tsp. honey
- dash cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 3/4 cup mixed berries (raspberry, blueberry and blackberry) or fruit of your choice
- 1/2 cup sweet cinnamon granola (my recipe here)
1. Mix Chia seeds and almond milk together in medium cup. Allow Chia seeds to absorb milk.
2. Add rest of pudding ingredients and mix well.
3. Refrigerate for 1 hour. This allows the Chia seeds to absorb the liquid and thicken.
4. Mean while make Sweet Cinnamon Granola
5. Once Chia seed Pudding is thickened take out of fridge. In small bowl layer pudding on bottom, then berries, then another layer of pudding then berries followed by granola. Again this is how I layered mine but you can certainly layer it with more of one verse the other.